Reciprocity with Another Jurisdiction

Architects registered in another jurisdiction may apply for a reciprocal registration with West Virginia by doing the following:

1. Complete a Reciprocal Application and submit it with an application fee for $100.00 payable to the West Virginia Board of Architects.
2. Request that the Board of Architects in the architect’s jurisdiction forward to the West Virginia Board a verification of the architect’s state license
    including confirmation of passage of the Architect Registration Exam (ARE).
3. Request that three other architects familiar with the architect’s work but not from within his or her firm submit letters of reference directly to the
    West Virginia Board of Architects.  

4. Review West Virginia’s rules and laws governing the practice of architecture in West Virginia at Rules and Laws.
Once all of the above information is received, the application is considered complete and ready to forward to the Board for review.  
Mail correspondence to:
West Virginia Board of Architects
405 Capitol Street, Mezzanine Suite 3
Charleston, WV  25301.
Contact the Board Office at 304-558-1406
Please Note:  All registrations in West Virginia expire on June 30th annually, regardless of when the registration was issued.